Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Entrapped - A New Bracelet Design
Several years ago, I experimented with knotting "in the round" but, had some problems making it work. So, I set it aside...
These past few days, I have resurrected the idea and this time it worked out! I started with the lovely lampwork bead that my sister made. (She just started bead making this year and sent me several samples). Then I had some undrilled agates that I wanted to "entrap" to give form and a subtle "shining through" to the bracelet.
I even experimented with the structure of the button-hole as you can see in this photo (below). I knotted "in the round" for part of the way so as to blend in with the rest of the bracelet.
Of course, as I made this bracelet, I came up with several ideas to improve it...more on that later as I get examples made up.