I recently listed all 8 patterns for one low price (savings of $7.00).
Today, I received a question regarding the skill level for each pattern. Oops. I forgot to put that in the description. I had it in the individual listings...well, now it is in this package listing, too. This brought me to think I should post the information here so it will be in one spot.
Determining skill level has been a challenge, I must admit. I call on anyone who has tried any of my patterns to add their input in "comments" at the end of this post. I am not very objective on this topic because I have been doing micro macrame for over 10 years and it is sometimes hard to remember what was difficult and what was easy.
In general, macrame is not that difficult to learn in terms of complexity. It just takes practice getting the knots to be uniform. I work hard to make my patterns easy to understand with plenty of photos.
If you have some cord lying around, check out Basic Knots and just practice the knots to see if you like macrame
For a free Key Chain pattern (and a chance to see how I write my patterns) .
If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. You may leave questions in the "comments" section at the end of this post or contact me (see profile).
Okay, Here is my assessment of the skill level of each pattern:
1. Spirals Anklet (as seen in Step by Step Bead Magazine) - Beginner. Mostly made of Half Knots (with a few Lark's Head Knots and an Overhand Knot).
2. Waves Bracelet (includes instructions for matching earrings) - Beginner. Mostly made of Square Knots.
3. Fans Bracelet - Intermediate. Mostly Double Half Hitches and some Lark's Head Knots. Tricky parts include determining number of beads per strand and performing Lark's Head knots into a split ring (at the end).
4. Fans Earrings - Intermediate. Same as for Fans Bracelet.
5. Lacy Ripples Bracelet - Intermediate. Mostly made of Lark's Head Knots and Double Half Hitches. Tricky part is alternating between the two types of knots.
6. Victorian Lace Earrings - Intermediate. Same as for Lacy Ripples bracelet.
7. Tapestry Bracelet - Intermediate. Mostly made of Double Half Hitches. Trickiest part is keeping track of where you are.
8. Diamonds Bracelet - Basic bracelet, Beginner. The variations are a bit trickier. Mostly made of Double Half-Hitches.
Added on 13 Nov 08:
9. Serpentine Bracelet - Beginner to Intermediate. Not so much complicated, but needs some practice getting the hang of the knots (mostly Double Half-Hitches and a few Lark's Head Knots).